- A re-elected McGowan Labor Government will provide $1 million for upgrades at Grindleford Reserve, Balcatta.
- The project will include upgraded clubrooms for the Balcatta Football Club, lighting on the fields and a path network.
- Other local parks and reserves to receive funding including Rickman Delawney Reserve, Richard Guelfi Reserve, Jones Paskin Reserve, Macedonia Park and Robinson Reserve.
Grindleford Reserve in Balcatta will receive a major upgrade following a $1 million funding boost from a re-elected McGowan Labor Government.
Local MLA for Balcatta, David Michael, was joined by soccer enthusiast and Minister, Rita Saffioti MLA, to make the announcement on the weekend.
The $1 million project will provide a significant upgrade to the Balcatta FC Clubrooms, field lighting and establish a path network around the reserve.
This is part of several local park projects being supported by the McGowan Labor Government if re-elected, including:
- Rickman Delawney Reserve – a major upgrade including community BBQs, water fountains and park bench seating;
- Richard Guelfi Reserve – oval lighting and batting cage improvements for the Stirling Saints Football Clubs and the Balcatta Bears Baseball Club;
- Jones Paskin Reserve - upgrades to the Clubrooms for Balcatta Cricket Club;
- Macedonia Park - facility upgrades for the Stirling Lions Soccer Club; and
- Robinson Reserve (stage 2) - additional support for the Osborne Park Cricket and Football Clubs for out of scope works.
Comments attributed to Balcatta MLA David Michael:
“I am proud to deliver for my community.
“Our local clubs are the beating heart of Balcatta. The volunteers who put the time in to run them do our community a great service and I am proud to be a part of the McGowan Labor Government which supports them.
“Over the last four years we have progressed many local projects like the upgrades to Robinson Reserve.
“There is more to do and I am determined to keep delivering for our community.”